Bellingham’s ‘interest’ in a Liverpool move…
Liverpool’s search for a midfielder has been widely reported to be on the agenda for 2023, with Jude Bellingham’s name prominently featuring in that discussion.
The Reds do not want to settle and the 18-year-old would represent a long-term investment with Borussia Dortmund not to let him go on the cheap, not to mention wages.
But while Liverpool are one of many suitors for the young midfielder, would Bellingham himself be interested?
Well, Goal’s Neil Jones has reported that “it is understood the player would be more than interested in a move to Merseyside,” with only the figures behind the deal perhaps proving prohibitive for the Reds.
It’s a transfer that is on the wishlist of many Liverpool fans but a fee could be in the region of £100 million, with that only to rise with a successful season and World Cup campaign.
As for other targets of interest, Jones namechecks Aston Villa‘s Carney Chukwuemeka, Inter’s Nicola Barella, PSV’s Ibrahim Sangare and Salzburg’s Luka Sucic as those also on the radar.
From that, it is clear that a young midfielder who can make an impact in the short and long term is on the agenda – but we can cross our fingers that it will, in fact, be Bellingham.
3 things today: Rumours squashed and any departees?
- Neco Williams has attracted interest from Fulham this summer but the newly promoted side are not ready to match Liverpool’s £15m valuation, not really a surprise!
- Otavio links have “no truth” says Goal’s Neil Jones in a swift dismantling of recent rumours of Liverpool interest, probably just trying to drive Leeds‘ bid up!
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is he staying or going? It’s a question that see the answer continually change, the latest is the Reds won’t stand in his way, but they have a £10m valuation.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Liverpool’s academy players are back for pre-season, starting a week earlier than the first team – and that means the first day for a new, familiar, coach!
- Jurgen Klopp is “happy” with his Liverpool squad as it currently stands, with no further incomings expected. Are you just as happy?
- And Ben Woodburn, the club’s youngest-ever goalscorer, is at Preston for a two-week trial – so badly want something to stick for the youngster!
Latest Transfer Talk
- Sadio Mane‘s PR agent has said that Lionel Messi wanted the former No. 10 at Barcelona as part of his negotiations to stay at Camp Nou – not sure if that was realistic, Lionel!
- Gabriel Jesus will soon be an Arsenal player after agreeing a £45m deal and that cash is to go straight from Man City to Leeds for Kalvin Phillips – Leeds getting their best players poached now
- Cristiano Ronaldo is deemed ‘not for sale’ by Man United as Chelsea have looked to tempt him to Stamford Bridge, you couldn’t blame him for jumping that ship…
Tweet of the day and match of the night
I mean, I’m not below looking for any sign that Bellingham is destined for Liverpool…
— The Anfield Wrap (@TheAnfieldWrap) June 27, 2022
There’s a bit of League of Ireland Premier Division action tonight with St Patricks Athletic hosting Shamrock Rovers, the former is who Liverpool ‘keeper Vitezslav Jaros represented on loan last year!