The PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a home video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Announced as the successor to the PlayStation 3 in February 2013, it was launched on November 15, 2013, in North America, November 29, 2013 in Europe, South America and Australia, and on February 22, 2014 in Japan. A console of the eighth generation, it competes with Microsoft’s Xbox One and Nintendo’s Wii U and Switch.
How to factory reset a PS4
- Sign in to your PS4 and head to the settings menu
- Deactivate your PlayStation
- Sign back in with your user account
- Find the Initialization option in settings
- Choose Full on the Initialize screen