Both the iOS and Android versions of the Microsoft Teams app updated this week with some cool new features that are minor but should improve the overall app experience for quite a few users.
Both apps gained the ability to invite distribution lists and Modern Groups during the schedule creation process while Android users can now join meetings that have gone over the user limit by participating as a view-only attendee.
The Microsoft Teams iOS app meanwhile got some added pinning tools, new emoji, and extra options for backgrounds.
Here’s the full release notes for the Android update:
- Join meetings as a view-only attendee when the meeting reaches max capacity.
- Invite distribution lists and Modern Groups to Teams meetings by typing their name in the participant section.
And here’s the iOS release notes:
- View, pin, and manage the pinned chats
- Express yourself in more ways with the newest set of emojis
- Invite distribution lists and Modern Groups when you schedule a meeting
- Change your background in calls or meetings. Choose from a list or upload your own
On Windows 10? The Microsoft Teams desktop app also got an update this week.